American Spaces Live webinars provide an opportunity for American Spaces practitioners to share best practices, discuss innovative programming, and ask each other questions. These series are streamed onto our Facebook group on a regular basis. Here are previous videos in case you missed them:
Managing your Space
- How to Better Collect Data? – In this webinar, American Spaces Ukraine have shared this Google Sheet template that any American Space can use to more accurately capture its statistics. Also, American Spaces data expert provided some impressive statistics about the global network of American Spaces.
- What Are and Why Makerspaces? Former Makspace Manager from American Space Dushanbe and current Fulbright scholar on educational technology discusses a brief history of Makerspaces and their benefits to American Spaces.
- What is 3D Printing? Hear how American Center Capetown has used 3D printing to make a difference.
- What Kind of Makerspace Activities Can You Run at Your Space? Learn about American Center Hanoi’s low tech and mobile maker activities.
- How do You Find Partners for Your Makerspace? American Center Colombo talks about the role of partners in maker activities.
- How Can I Run Maker Programs with Assistive Technologies? American Spaces Brazil discuss how Casa Thomas Jefferson has created a more accessible Makerspace for persons with disabilities.
- How Can I Better Involve Makerspace Volunteers? “Technology doesn’t matter. People do.” America House Kyiv talks about the importance of investing in your volunteers.
Virtual Programming Series
- Virtual Programming and Social Media Part I – As American Spaces began to close in the Spring of 2020, American Spaces in Ukraine and Ivory Coast discuss how they were using social media and virtual programming to continue to reach their audiences.
- Virtual Programming and Social Media Part II – American Spaces in the Philippines and Mongolia continue the conversation on best practices and how to reach audiences virtually.
- Virtual Programming and Social Media Part III – American Spaces in Bangladesh, Uruguay, and the Kyrgyz Republic discuss lessons learned in transition to virtual programming.
- Virtual Program Platform Training (on Facebook only)
- Resources for Virtual Programming – Staff from the Office of American Spaces discuss resources that can be used for virtual programming.
- eLibraryUSA and Virtual Programming – American Spaces of Cameroon staff gives a virtual tour of eLibraryUSA.
- Enhancing Virtual Engagement with Mentimeter – American Center Tunis shows how Mentimer can enhance engagement for virtual presentations.
- English Language Resources for Virtual Programming – This webinar goes over best practices in English language instruction virtually. Here’s a handout on resources from the webinar.
- Connecting with Virtual Presenters – American Center Jerusalem staff discuss ways to find virtual presenters.
- Ask us Anything – REPS from around the world answer questions about reopening American Spaces, audience segmentation, and the importance of borrowing ideas from others.
- Running Regional Virtual Programs – American Spaces India and Nepal discuss how they ran the Books Beyond Borders across multiple countries.
- EducationUSA and Social Media Best Practices – EdUSA Advisors in Mexico and Costa Rica and Program Officer in D.C. discuss best practices in social media and how American Spaces can work more closely with EdUSA.
- Video Games – This webinar examines video games and esports as a public diplomacy tool to reach new audience and shows how they are being used for programming at American Spaces in Mexico.
- Digital Citizenship – Karkhana, a partner of American Spaces Nepal, shares its digital citizenship program and provides best practices for American Spaces wanting to run related programs.