MONETIZING YOUR BRAND
DISCUSSION GUIDE FOR A WEBINAR FROM THE OFFICE OF THE U.S. SPEAKER PROGRAM
This webinar provides resources for programming for ICS goals involving economic development.
ACCESS TO VIDEO
Duration: 128 minutes
Speaker: Meagan Ward
- Once downloaded, you can capture the video feed with a streaming tool or upload it to your social media account for a watch party. If bandwidth is low, have viewers watch the webinar before hosting a discussion.
- Consider inviting a local expert or U.S. official to facilitate discussion during and after the webinar.
- Preview the video beforehand to determine which parts you will show.
- For more tips go here.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Trying to get established as a career professional or building your own business can be a stressful experience. In this informative talk Meagan Ward will tell you her story and how a positive attitude, hard work and the ability to recognize opportunities will open doors and lead to success.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Meagan Ward is an advocate of Women’s Empowerment and a motivational speaker for aspiring professionals and entrepreneurs. She is the owner and founder of Creatively Flawless, a marketing firm for women seeking to rebrand and promote themselves and their businesses.
Share America Stories
- These Women Entrepreneurs spotted a need – and met it!
- Here’s one way women owned startups find financing.
Share America Stories
Branding – Is a name, term, design, or symbol that distinguishes one seller’s product or service from others.
Marketing – The action or business of promoting products or services, including research and advertising.
Freelancer – A person who is self-employed and offers their skills and expertise on a short-term basis.
Personable – The ability to easily connect with others in a pleasant manner.
Emotional Intelligence – The ability to interact with empathy and self- awareness.
Successful women should…
- Follow your curiosity. Every woman’s path to success is different.
- Don’t be afraid to fail, everybody does at times. Always strive to achieve more – and don’t settle.
- Build a network of contacts – and use it.
- Make sure you grab onto opportunities that are presented to you.
- Seeing that her mother sacrificed so much for her, Meagan Ward felt she had to be successful to justify her mother’s efforts.
- Why is motivation important? What motivates you?
- Meagan appears to be a personable person with a high degree of emotional intelligence. Do you think these characteristics are important to becoming successful in your career?
- What risks or sacrifices did Meagan make to follow her idea? Did she have any support?
- What impressions did you get from Meagan Ward’s talk? Do you think her suggestions apply to women in different countries?
The views expressed in these links and resources do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. government.
Updated April 2023